Zendy provides a personalized subscription service that allows our members to access research literature and other, primarily non-fiction content in the form of text, images and other media ("Zendy content") accessed over certain Internet-connected computers, mobile phones and other devices ("Zendy ready devices").
Table of Contents
- Your Zendy membership will continue month-to-month until terminated. To use the Zendy service you must have Internet access and a Zendy ready device.
- The membership is free of charge, but we may offer a number of paid membership plans, including special promotional plans or memberships giving access to services and products offered by third parties. Some membership plans may have differing conditions and limitations, which will be disclosed at your sign-up or in other communications made available to you. You can find specific details regarding your Zendy membership by visiting our website. For any paid membership, you need to provide us with one or more Payment Methods. "Payment Method" means a current, valid, accepted method of payment, as may be updated from time to time, and which may include payment through your account with a third party. Unless you cancel your paid membership before your billing date, you authorize us to charge the corresponding subscription fee for the next subscription period to your Payment Method (see "Cancellation" below).
- Your Zendy membership may offer you a free trial to different membership plans. The free trial period lasts for one month, or as otherwise specified during sign-up and is intended to allow new members and certain former members to try the paid services.
- Free trial eligibility is determined by Zendy at its sole discretion and we may limit eligibility or duration to prevent free trial abuse. We reserve the right to revoke the free trial and put your account on hold in the event that we determine that you are not eligible. Members of households with an existing or recent paid membership are not eligible. We may use information such as device ID, method of payment or an account email address used with an existing or recent paid membership to determine eligibility. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply.
- We will charge your Payment Method for your subscription fee at the end of the free trial period unless you cancel your subscription prior to the end of the free trial period. When applicable, to view the subscription price and end date of your free trial period, visit your account on our website.
Billing and Cancellation
- Billing Cycle. The subscription fee for paid membership plans and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the services, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged on a monthly or other basis depending on your membership plan. The fee will be charged to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paying portion of your paid membership. In some cases, your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month.
- Payment Methods. To subscribe to a paid membership plan you must provide one or more Payment Methods. For recurring membership plans, you can update your Payment Methods by going to your account on our website. We may also update your Payment Methods using information provided by the payment service providers. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s). You authorize us to charge any Payment Method associated to your account in case your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer is available to us for payment of your subscription fee. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have uccessfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for
- Cancellation. You can cancel your paid recurring membership plans at any time, and you will continue to have access to the corresponding services through the end of your billing period. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unused Zendy content. To cancel, go to your account on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your paid membership, you will utomatically be denied access to the corresponding services at the end of your current billing period, but be able to use the services that are included in the free membership. To see when your paid membership will expire, go to your account on our website.
- Changes to the Price and Membership Plans. We may change our membership plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our membership plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
- You must be at least 16 years of age, or the age of majority if required in your province, territory or country, to become a member of the Zendy service. If not fulfilling this ge requirement, you may only use the service under the supervision of an adult.
- The Zendy service and any content accessed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household. During your Zendy membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the Zendy service and Zendy content. Except for the foregoing, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
- You may access the Zendy content primarily based on your country of residence. The content that is available may vary by geographic location and will change from time to time.
- The Zendy service, including the content library, is regularly updated. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of Zendy content. This may impact the service availability from time to time.
- Some Zendy content is available for download and offline access on certain supported devices. Limitations may apply, including restrictions on how long the Offline Content will remain accessible.
- The quality of the Zendy service and Zendy content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available and/or speed of your Internet connection. Not all content is available in all formats, such as PDF, XML and HTML. The minimum connection speed is 0.5 Mbps; however, we recommend a faster connection for improved performance of the service. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps is recommended. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to access or download Zendy content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the content you have selected and the configuration of your Zendy ready device.
- Zendy software is developed by, or for, Zendy and is designed to enable accessing Zendy content through Zendy ready devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities and features may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you may automatically receive updated versions of Zendy and related third-party software.
Passwords and Account Access
- The member who created the Zendy account and whose Payment Method is charged (the "Account Owner") has access and control over the Zendy account and the Zendy ready devices that are used to access our service and is responsible for any activity that occurs through the Zendy account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the Zendy ready devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Zendy or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- Unsolicited Materials. Zendy does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for Zendy content or Zendy services, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or services with other content and services in any other media, or similarity of any materials or ideas transmitted to Zendy.
- Customer Support. To find more information about our service and its features or if you need assistance with your account, please visit the Zendy Support section on our website. In certain instances, Customer Support may best be able to assist you by using a remote access support tool through which we have full access to your computer. If you do not want us to have this access, you should not consent to support through the remote access tool, and we will assist you through other means.
- Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.