UX/UI Designer for web/mobile
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer for web/mobile who likes to design impressive user interfaces and wants to work with a great team on an inspiring mission to provide people with unfettered access to relevant and trusted academic literature.
Zendy.io, a product of Knowledge E, is a massive online library created to provide individuals with affordable access to a wealth of information in the form of journals, e-books, magazines and content mediums.
You will join a great and fast-moving team and a growing company with a progressive and inclusive culture. We are currently looking for a UX/UI Designer to join us and help us enhance our product design and improve the user experience to make our product even more appealing to our growing number of users across the Middle East and North Africa. As the UX/UI Designer you will be responsible for the overall design and design strategy of the Zendy product. Today we are over 45 colleagues of which 10 work with Zendy, and we are growing fast. This will be our first central design role, meaning you need to have a high degree of self-leadership. It also means you will play a crucial role in how the Zendy product looks.
- Passionate about delivering amazing user experiences through your designs of interfaces on responsive web applications
- Organised, with an eye for detail and able to bring ideas to life through prototyping methods such as both low and high-fidelity wireframes
- Keen on producing effective design solutions that satisfy the needs of our company vision and brand identity
- A self-starting team player who can work independently
- Comfortable driving the design process, from need/idea
- A strong communicator with the ability to effectively receive and give feedback
- Aligned with our values: learning, authenticity and inclusion
What you will do?
- Lead all Zendy designs from start to finish
- Research for new ways of improving and personalising the user experience, as well as gain an insight into userbehavior based on the data gathered
- Be part of the product and development process
- Ensure all Zendy designs are optimised for a high-quality user experience
- Own, and contribute to, our design system and set its roadmap
- Together with the rest of the team, set the design direction and vision for Zendy and its design system, making sure we are always reliable, easy to use, and accessible
- Anchor the vision in the organisation and set a plan to achieve it using efficient design methods and applying best practices
- Align our product design with our brand design
- Ensure our tech-driven design approach remains consistent, efficient and scalable
- Oversee all Zendy user touchpoints on landing page and app, based on UX research and brand guidelines, to optimize the user journey and onboarding process
- Draft hypotheses of features and improvements to implement using UX research
- Keep up to date with best practices within UX/UI design
Minimum job qualifications
- Experience in designing for web, responsive websites and applications
- Experience in designing for touch first/mobile
- Exceptional knowledge of either Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, InVision or equivalent software
- Exceptional knowledge of Zeplin or equivalent tool
- Ideation and prototyping (low and high-fidelity wireframes/mockups)
- Very comfortable with all core design principles (color, layout, typography etc.)
- Research skills, you need to be able to justify your design decision based on research
- Experience creating a design system from scratch and working with design systems
- Understanding of html, css and accessibility
- At least 4 years of UX/UI design experience
- Experience in start-ups
- Creating interactive wireframes/mock-ups
- Qualitative and quantative user research and testing
Zendy was created for individuals. You can say it’s a one-stop destination for researchers, scholars, students, business professionals, and knowledge enthusiasts. Sort of like a ‘Netflix’ model but for research literature.
Zendy applies the ‘Netflix’ approach to online publishing for academic content – with full access to a library of thousands of journals, e-books, and magazines for a flat monthly fee. The average cost of a single research paper is double the monthly subscription cost to Zendy.
We have a diverse user group across the Middle East and North Africa. Since its launch, users in the UAE, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia have signed up to access over 120,000 publications including more than 30,000 journals and 30,000 e-books that are available on the platform.
Zendy strives to build a world where individuals can take evidence-based steps towards building a better tomorrow. The need for a discoverable, reliable, and trustworthy source of content is crucial to learning, research and ultimately, a better quality of life. Moving towards ‘a more knowledgeable world’ has been our vision from the start and we hope we continue to make contributions, whether small or large, to this vision.