Partnership Relations Manager
We are looking for a dynamic individual to handle partner relations for Zendy. The Partnership Relations Manager looks after the relationships with all third parties such as publishers and other providers who deliver content or solutions for inclusion in Zendy. We are looking for someone who likes to build lasting connections with people and someone who will be instrumental in managing, maintaining and expanding direct partnerships across our product offerings. The Partnership Relation Manager’s main goal is to create and maintain strong and effective relationships with all our providers, covering all aspects involved.
This position will require a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player who has very strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to produce strong reports on the progress. As the first point of contact for our partners, your position will act as a “knowledge center” to provide support to existing partners of all sizes and stages.
You will be in charge of growing our direct provider partnerships by identifying new content partnership opportunities including sourcing, analysing, and negotiating these deals – as well as day-to-day management of these relationships. You need to deeply understand their business to navigate an ever-evolving ecosystem. A successful candidate will proactively identify partnership opportunities, and take ownership of all deal-making and relationship management throughout the life cycle of a partner. This role will have strong relationship-management skills, and will be able to act as the face of the company with our external partners. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with top tier publishers and to grow and nourish an established network.
You will join a great and fast-moving team and a growing company with a progressive and inclusive culture. Today we are over 50 colleagues at Knowledge E of which 10 work exclusively with Zendy, and we are growing fast. This will be our first pure partnership relations role, meaning you need to have a high degree of self-leadership. It also means you will play a crucial role in the success of the partnership relations role. Our headquarters is in Dubai, United Arab Emirates but this role could work from anywhere in the world.
- A self-starting team player who can work independently and excel in communication
- Aligned with our values: learning, authenticity and inclusion
- Sensitivite to confidential information and material
What you will do
- Establish strong relations with publishers and other partners, becoming a trusted advisor
- Manage partner onboarding
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with partners through regularly scheduled outreach
- Coordinate and organise all provider materials including orders and contracts
- Understand and analyse revenue performance, provide meaningful insights to our partners derived from data. Identify, track and report partner KPIs
- Collaborate with partners to develop and establish new market efficiencies and digital business models
- Facilitate partner understanding of, engagement with, and reliance on our products and services through creative relationship building
- Act as the primary liaison between departments (i.e. tech, content, marketing) to make sure all needs are met in a timely manner
- Implement and oversee effective procedures and company systems to scale the partnerships department and build out efficient communication channels between necessary departments
Minimum job qualifications
- Background and/or experience in publishing and/or educational technology
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Curious, analytical, and adaptable problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with and influence external and internal partners
- Track record of launching and managing successful partnerships
- Experience in administration and account management
- Experience of working with various types of contracts
- Understanding of the Open Access publishing landscape
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in digital publishing
- Experience building financial models and using them to assess KPIs for a partner
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Communications or relevant field
Zendy was created for individuals. You can say it’s a one-stop destination for researchers, scholars, students, business professionals, and knowledge enthusiasts. Sort of like a ‘Netflix’ model but for research literature.
Zendy applies the ‘Netflix’ approach to online publishing for academic content – with full access to a library of thousands of journals, e-books, and magazines for a flat monthly fee. The average cost of a single research paper is double the monthly subscription cost to Zendy.
We have a diverse user group across the Middle East and North Africa. Since its launch, users in the UAE, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia have signed up to access over 120,000 publications including more than 30,000 journals and 30,000 e-books that are available on the platform.
Zendy strives to build a world where individuals can take evidence-based steps towards building a better tomorrow. The need for a discoverable, reliable, and trustworthy source of content is crucial to learning, research and ultimately, a better quality of life. Moving towards ‘a more knowledgeable world’ has been our vision from the start and we hope we continue to make contributions, whether small or large, to this vision.
To learn a bit more about Zendy and why we exist make sure to check out zendy.io/about
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org